Online College Counselor
Is Your High School Student on Target?
Create your college admissions plan today.
Is Your High School Student on Target?
Create your college admissions plan today.
Coronavirus Policy Update
Your College Admissions Goals Haven’t Changed - But Your College Plan May Need Adjustments.
We’re not new to remote college counseling. In fact, we've been serving our clients throughout the US through virtual platforms for years. In these fluid and uncertain times, please reach out to discuss how you are staying on target to realize your 2019-20 educational goals and broader college admissions planning.
Please recognize your role as a global citizen and member of your local community who cares for your neighbors and brings a positive spirit, now more than ever, to whatever your situation may be.
College Advisor Bonnie R. Rabin, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus & Cornell Alumni Rep, has more than 30 years of academic experience including college admissions & financial aid.
You are invited to leverage her extensive knowledge of university curricula and her experience in providing educational and college admissions advising to customize your COLLEGE PLAN.
Bonnie Rabin, PhD, provides personalized online educational and college advising throughout the United States and in person in Boulder, Colorado and South Florida. Whether your student’s goal is to attend an in-state public or private university (e.g.University of Michigan, SUNY, UCLA, University of Colorado at Boulder, University of Florida), or an out-of-state Ivy League or National University or liberal arts college (e.g.Stanford, NYU, Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, Swarthmore, Bowdoin or UCLA), Bonnie provides knowledgeable and personalized academic advising and college admissions planning to assist you in realizing your college admissions and educational goals.
What’s Unique About Online College Counseling and Collaborating with College Advisor Bonnie Rabin, PhD?
- Rabin brings her clients 30+ years of experience in higher education. As a former university professor and Cornell Alumni Representative, she’s knowledgeable about undergraduate and graduate degree requirements, instructional design, teen learning and current educational trends in disciplines as diverse as STEM, Business, Humanities and the Creative and Performing Arts.
Dr. Rabin can help you identify or hone your focus on your passion, support you in establishing an academic path, and aid you in identifying extra-curriculars and summer programs that support the pursuit of those passions.
She can identify and problem-solve any educational concerns you’ll encounter during high school and beyond. Click to learn more About Dr. Rabin.
- Online College Advising provides access to knowledgeable and personalized attention in an incredibly flexible-scheduling model to fit your needs and from the comfort of your own home. Meeting online is seamless with the same personal connections formed over the course of many meetings (and phone calls, emails and text) where we collaborate to answer all your questions and meet your educational and college admissions goals.
- Many of our students are engaged and busy with extracurricular schedules. My online model allows us to schedule on short notice and/or during nights and weekends. Communications occur via e-mail, phone, and most often through virtual platforms (Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.), where we are able to respond to families’ needs quickly. My client’s success is due to my responsiveness and unique knowledge set, rather than geographic proximity.
Your situation and academic goals are unique. Your college counselor should move way beyond using an online program such as Naviance. These are some of the questions to be answered:
- What academic majors fit your long-term interests?
- What undergraduate research institutes will prepare you for medical, law or business school?
- Are SAT or ACT tests required?
- How do you learn best and what campus community will allow you to continue to discover your personal and academic interests?
- What high school curriculum will prepare your student for college success? (AP vs. IB vs AICE)?
- Which universities are more likely to offer scholarships?
Online College Advisor Bonnie Rabin, PhD provides personalized and knowledgeable educational and college planning. Whether you’re invested in your state’s tuition plan or you’re applying for scholarships and financial aid, we’ll discover the best college “fit” for your family and student’s educational and personal goals. It’s indeed never too early to begin COLLEGE ADMISSIONS PLANNING!
EDUCATIONAL AND COLLEGE ADMISSIONS COUNSELING
We’ve served clients from the East to West Coasts seamlessly.
or fill out our contact form below to schedule a free telephone consultation.
BUILD YOUR COLLEGE PLAN TODAY!
Recent college Acceptances
Online College Counselor Bonnie Rabin, PhD provides educational advising and college admissions planning for middle and high school students throughout the United States. Personalized attention and dedicated support, guiding students of all academic levels and interests to gain admission to their top-choice universities and planning for long-term academic success.
University of Colorado at Boulder, University of Denver, Colorado School of the Mines, Colorado State, University of Miami, Stanford, Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, U. Michigan, Northwestern, Georgia Tech, University of North Carolina, Vassar, Bowdoin, Wellesley, Emory, U-Illinois, Notre Dame, NYU, Rice, Columbia, University of Chicago, Washington University (WUSTL), Drexel, Tulane, Brown, Purdue, Swarthmore, SCAD, Ohio, Georgetown, Middlebury, Vanderbilt, USC, Hamilton, Reed, UCLA, Johns Hopkins, University of Arizona, Williams,Penn State, Villanova, Northeastern, SUNY-ESF, St. Johns, Embry-Riddle, Colgate, Fordham, University of Penn, Columbia, Tufts, UC-Berkeley, Barnard, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Wake Forest, Dickinson, Colorado, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Brandeis, Howard, Lehigh, Hofstra, Fordham, SUNY Stonybrook, Duke, Case Western, Rochester Institute of Technology, Parsons, Virginia Tech, Boston U., Hobart & William Smith, Claremont Mckenna, Davidson, Westpoint, Gettysburg, Amherst, Temple, Denison, Howard, UT Austin, SUNY-Binghamton, Hamilton, George Washington, American, Indiana, SMU, James Madison, and many more!
College Advisor Bonnie Rabin, PhD in an interview with Boulder, CO’s Eliot Andre “Finding Your Niche” – College Success, Teen Confidence, Discovery
Our online college admissions consulting services
SCHEDULE YOUR EDUCATIONAL and COLLEGE ADMISSIONS ASSESSMENT
A Strategic Educational and College Admissions Plan
There’s no magic formula for being accepted into a selective university, but I can guide each family through the college application process as well as increase the likelihood that your student will be successful throughout high school, and have a seamless transition to their undergraduate community.
- Building a challenging “synergistic” high school curriculum (AP, IB, AICE, Dual-Enrolled??)
- Understand the College Admissions Process– Key Dates, forms and factors for success in admissions and in maximizing financial aid.
- Create your curriculum map of high school and online programs to reach academic potential and prepare for success as a student and in the college admissions process. The foundation of coursework in high school impacts your success as an undergraduate.
- Extracurricular Activities: Identify opportunities for enhancing and refining your activities addressing educational and admissions red-flags. Embrace your strengths, take risks and discover uncharted paths!
- Recommendations for relevant summer programs to increase your admissions chances and confirm / discover an academic area of interest
- Personalized learning strategies to confidence, increase grades and address concerns in one or more classes. Customized solutions for better time management
- Recommendations for Colleges and Majors (conventional and “unusual”)
- Clarity on standardized testing (and customized solutions for preparation) and discussion of colleges de-emphasizing their value in admissions decision making
- Activities Resume: Receive proprietary tools to build an eye-catching “activities statement” supporting your summer program applications, Common Application and Scholarship applications.
- Understanding the Real Cost of Education. Specific Strategies for your family and an explanation of Financial Aid and Scholarship Eligibility.
Motivated, Self-Directed & Confident Young Adults
Ready to Succeed as High School and Undergraduate Students!
SENIORS ’21 – REGISTER FOR OUR FALL WRITERS’ BLOCK COLLEGE APPLICATION & COLLEGE ESSAY WORKSHOP
Bonnie Rabin, PhD provides online academic advising, college counseling and college application guidance to students in high schools throughout the United States.
Our current and former clients reside in locations as diverse as Metro NYC, San Francisco, Boston, D.C. and Surrounding Communities, Westchester County, Boulder, Miami, Philadelphia, Chicago, Austin, Los Angeles, Central NY (Syracuse, Rochester, Ithaca), Charlotte, Denver, Boca Raton, Minneapolis and many more.